Outlined in this post are the steps that I have used on many installs of Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c agents in windows environments. I have found that this is the simplest way to install agents on a windows box. Yes this will take some time to do one-by-one; however, the process is much simpler than installing Cygwin. Additionally, the process can be repeated very quickly from system-to-system by moving only the RSP and ZIP files needed for the install.
Silent Install of Oracle EMAgent:
1. On the OMS host move to the OMS_HOME/bin and login using the EMCLI command
./emcli login –username=sysman –password=<sysman password>
2. Sync the repository using EMCLI
Message returned should be “synchronized successfully”
3. List support platforms that are in the repository.
4. Download the agent image to a temporary location on the OMS host.
./emctl get_agentimage –destination=/mnt/nasbackup/oracle/12.1 –platform=”Linux x86-64” –version=22.214.171.124.0
5. Transfer the file 126.96.36.199.0_AgentCore_226.zip to the Repository host.
6. Unzip the 188.8.131.52.0_AgentCore_226.zip file to the agent_linux-x86-64
unzip ./184.108.40.206.0_AgentCore_226.zip -d ./agent_linux-x86-64
7. Edit the agent.rsp file for the specifics to needed during the install. The file that should be used is the “agent_<name>.rsp” file.
The only thing that should change in the response file (agent_<name>.rsp) is the hostname where the agent is going to be installed.
8. Execute the deployment.
./agentDeploy.sh AGENT_BASE_DIR=/oracle/app/oracle/product/12.1/agent RESPONSE_FILE=<full path>/agent_<name>.rsp
9. Execute root.sh
- Exit Oracle (back to the user you logged in as, example: ssc+bia_bcurtis)
- Execute the root.sh script
10. At this point, you will have to manually add non-host targets through the OEM console.