Got into the office today to a nice warning from OEM; the warning is the following:
EM Event: Warning:Management Services and Repository – Average event dequeue time is 108 milliseconds, crossed warning (100) or critical (250) threshold. Dequeue time may get worse if queue table (EM_EVENT_BUS_TABLE) needs maintenance.
In researching this message within MOS, I realized it was a bug that was associated with bug INCORRECT ALERT MESSAGES (14336237). This bug is confirmed with internal Oracle note number 1499189.1. Fortunately, there is a patch for this bug, which I was happy to see; however, what got under my skin was that this patch is rolled into the PSU (1512481.1) for OEM 22.214.171.124.0. After applying the PSU, OEM is set to 126.96.36.199.1 and has this patch installed.
After confirming that patch 14336237 was in the PSU via the readme. I also checked the OPatch inventory for the OMS to make sure the patch was there. Patch 14226237 is applied with the PSU patch set.
$ ./opatch lsinventory | grep 14336237
14756522, 13894390, 14336237, 14357531, 14571792, 14697257, 14544587.
With the PSU patch applied to the OEM environment, the incorrect alert messages should have been resolved. In this environment, the PSU has been in place for a week and incorrect alerts are still filling my inbox.
Per the note 1499189.1, there is a workaround. This work around is basically setting the metric associated with the event message to NULL. I have provided the workaround here.
Login to Cloud Contrl console as sysman (or a user with FULL privilege on oracle_emrep target)
->Setup -> Manage Cloud Control -> Health Overview
->OMS and Repository (Target menu) > Monitoring > Metric and Collection Settings
Change the WARNING and CRITICAL thresholds to NULL for the following metrics:
> Average Event Dequeue Time (Milliseconds)
> Average Event Queue Query Time (Seconds)
->Click OK at the top of the page to save the changes.
Overall, I’m kinda disappointed in that fact that the PSU didn’t actually fix this issue although the patch is installed. My next task it to find out from Oracle if there are any one-off patches that should be applied after the PSU to correct this issue. I’ll update this thread if there is.